Friday, August 24, 2007

Diamondbacks game


We had a once-in-a-lifetime sort of day today. Ethan was chosen at work through a drawing to throw the first pitch at the Diamondbacks game tonight! How cool is that? They gave him an authentic jersey that had the #1 on the back with Centex Homes. We checked and the jersey sells for $190!! He wishes they would have put his name on it though. The catcher was Miguel Montero. He signed his ball afterwards (which says '2007 ceremonial first pitch'). After the pitch, which went great, the catcher said to Ethan, "Hey you made it really easy on me." Logan and I were able to come on the field so I got the recording of it, but it happened so fast I didn't catch them announcing his name. Although if you look carefully at the very end you can see his name in huge letters on the jumbo screen. Even though we were on the field, our seats were in the nose bleeds. Logan had a blast though and clapped when everyone else did and ate everything in sight, including the people's chips behind us. See the web album for the rest of the pictures because they were all really good.

P.S. I finished all the 'Twilight Series' books that are out so far. They were SO good, can't get them off my mind. She's been compared to JK Rowling with Harry Potter. We'll see I guess. I recommend this book to anyone.

12 comments:

Joel & Lila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel & Lila said...

Right ON!!! that is so cool! I am glad you got a lot of pictures...I love that his name is in huge print on the tv thing...I bet he will be super duper popular for a few weeks at work, or really hated....i guess it could go both ways! What a cool experience! Thanks for sharing

Amie said...

Wow, that is really neat! What a great experience! Very cool for you guys. =)

Anonymous said...

What a great experience. Glad you took the pictures for us to see.
Continue to have a great life.
love you all,

S. Fantasia said...

Wow! That is awesome. OK, so I totally thought you were going to say you found out you were having twins - also would've been cool. Glad to see Ethan made it to the mound. That would make me so nervous! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

SOOOO FUN!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I love the videos! Logan is quite the sports fan! A real "night to remember".

tiff snedaker said...

How cool is that? It sounds like it was an unforgettable experience! Thanks for sharing ;)

Andrea Livingston said...

That is so awesome!!! Happy 4 year anniversary by the way!

Anonymous said...

How awesome is that?! Oh, I miss the Diamond Backs games, so fun!

Toni said...

How exciting! I bet he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Lisa said...

Is this Ashely Shepard from Eagan MN?

Deb Bluth said...

Ashley,
When Kris and I went to Medford over Memorial Day weekend, Kelly told me about Twilight and I ended up reading it in like six hours! What an amazing book! I liked it so much I just bought the other two in hard back and read them both in just a day each. Fun fun stuff. She's a good writer and how cool to support a member of the church too. I checked out her web site and apparently she sold the rights for a movie of Twilight. Not much more info than who bought it and who the director is, but STILL. Thanks so much for recommending the series I've SO enjoyed them, and was imspired to get back to my writing.
Anyhow, I realized I don't have your email, but I wanted to thank you for the second hand recommendation and just say hello.
you can drop me a line at my new email at drbluth@gmail.com .
hope to hear from you.
Debbie