Thursday, June 19, 2008

These can be deadly:


Today at the workout we were getting ready to leave and I was picking up my mat when all the other moms started yelling and then calling my name. I ran over to what they were shouting about and the rolling chalkboard had fallen over on Logan and Cyrena. I was already all shaky from working out and that made me shake even more. It's scary to see your child underneath one of these things. Luckily I think they were more scared than hurt. A couple bruises later and they'll be fine. (The bolt was loose on one side so the wheel popped off making it unstable...timber!)

On another note, Logan keeps pooping in his room this week. It's so gross! He has done it twice now. Tuesday he did it during his nap and somehow did it in a bag and closed it. He showed Ethan where it was because we couldn't even smell it. This morning he tells Ethan he pooped in his room. So I go take a look and there it was in his closet with the door closed sitting right next to his fire truck. Lovely. I made him clean it up this time. How do I stop this? Any advice?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have any advise, but it is very gross, at least he's not playing with it, Jude took his diaper off during his nap the other day and decided his poop was finger paint, that is lovely... I was so disgusted I wanted to throw up.

Jesmyluk said...

Put a little potty seat in his room, just in case! See if that helps, at least then its not on the floor or even better in a bag!!! By the way and only because I didn't have to deal with it, I was cracking up when I read this part of the post. Is he okay from this mornings chalk board accident? I hope so, poor Spiderman. :(

tiff snedaker said...

That is scary - those chalkboards are huge! Sorry about the pooping thing. Wish I could offer some good advice, but we haven't crossed that bridge (potty training) yet. Hope he realizes it's not cool to poop i your room, lol...

S. Fantasia said...

Well, no advice from me. Dean only pees in the potty - no poops there yet. But, just wanted to say that you aren't alone. My friends here are going through the same thing. They may borrow our shampooer. YIKES!

That is terrifying about the chalkboard. Glad they're ok.

Jenna said...

I would beat him within an inch of his life. I'm kidding, totally kidding. I think I would probably lose it though and she'd be spending a very boring day at home with no toys or t.v. You're very patient!

Andrea Livingston said...

I'm so glad he was alright under the chalk board!

As far as the pooping, I only have experience with this problem with our dog. He'll pee outside but for some reason lately he keeps pooping in the dining room. We did some research which might be good advice for children as well. We found it's bad to scold them when the go in the wrong place because they take the scolding as what they did (pooping) was wrong. Therefore you just have to reward them when they do it in the right place. Good luck with that!

Aricka said...

I know this is an old post but I do have one piece of advice. Don't get mad or yell at them it doesn't help. I went through a similar experience. keep your cool.