Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Today is Ethan's 28th Birthday. An Easter Birthday!
We had crepes with strawberries and bananas and chocolate for breakfast (our first time making them) and they were GOOD.

Happy Birthday sugar butt! (inside joke)


And these pictures are from yesterday.

Our city does an annual egg hunt at the Spring Training stadium. Logan was SO excited to go to it. He was standing infront of the clock with his little Spiderman bucket saying, "it's almost to the 9!" (Because I said once the big hand gets to the 9 then we can go).

Well it turns out they CANCELED it because of rain!

It just broke my heart to tell Logan that we weren't going. So I took him to the store and bought him some sheets (which he needed anyway) and I got some candy and eggs and we did our own egg hunt in the house which he loved.


I also got a Transformer egg-dying kit



See the rain outside? Amazing!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I got a lump in my throat when I read that they cancelled the egg hunt! I could just feel Logan's disappointment. It looks like you had a good time making fun eggs though. Logan is sure happy with his new sheets. Did the boys get their Easter e-cards? Happy B-day Ethan! (Blu Granma)

S. Fantasia said...

Good Mommy, you are. I hate seeing their hearts break too. It makes me a sucker sometimes in Devin's opinion, but whatever. :o)

It is pouring here too so we were extra glad that we did our egg hunt last week. We are just going to eat some leftover Easter goodies today, dye some hard-boiled eggs and have an Easter lesson. Low-key, I'll take it.

Happy Easter and thanks for the cards in the mail. They are SO cute!

Ash said...

Happy birthday Ethan! Sorry about the hunt, but it looks like you guys had fun. Ours was MESSY!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day

Amie said...

Too bad about the egg hunt...I always wonder, what do they do with all the candy now? A lot of money went into this free event, and now what? The same thing happened during a 4th of july thing, or something else a couple of years ago. =( Anyway, looks like you made it a great day anyway!

Lois Shepherd said...

It's always fun to color the eggs and have an egg hunt -- no matter where it is. You did a good job Ashley and Ethan.

wittygal said...

Looks like fun! Hey I wanted to tell you how AWESOME you did with music on Sunday. You are a natural.